Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Teen Pregnancy On the Rise and INTENTIONAL! 0_O

Haha! Hey there! I'm feeling so relieved. I finished my big presentation and 10 page paper for Global class and initial research proposal for my African Geography class (which I will disclose soon). Now I have to start packing to be outta here by May 15th....CRAZINESS! I am no longer fresh-meat! haha I am almost completed with my freshman year.
I wanted to bring up something that I have been seeing a little too often on Facebook and it is disturbing me and that is teenage pregnancy. What I have found though from watching interviews of pregnant teenagers on Tyra and Dr. Phil and seeing comments on Facebook, is that these teens are INTENTIONALLY having children. There was one teen on Tyra who was about 15 and she was living with her 18 year old boyfriend. Her mother let him stay in the house in the same bed as her teen daughter and of course they were sexually active and she got pregnant because the girl purposely stopped taking birth control. What mother in their right mind let's that go down? One girl thought having a baby by her ex would bring them closer together....WHAT?! The stories only get more insane. I also found out that in a lot of states 16 year old girls can be strippers as long as they are off of the streets by 11pm or 12pm. Ok so these girls cannot vote, drink, bare arms, or barely drive, but they can parade around naked?
Do you see why I get so confused? I do not know what's happening to young girls these days...are their mothers not talking to them or are the fathers not there to instill values into their daughters...? Is it both? I struggle to 'take care of myself' and I occasionally come upon stumbling blocks in my relationship, as does anyone tied to another human being. These girls are being selfish because you know the responsibility is going to fall FLAT on the faces of the mothers and most of the time the grandmothers. Why is having sex even an option for these girls? Why do mothers make it an "option"? Talking about "Oh, if you do decide to become sexually active come to me and we'll go get you birth control." NO! NO! NO! Almost all the girls I have known who were sexually active at a young age, with birth control or not, ended up having a baby. Having Baby is not like a having a puppy! (lol, but true)
I am going to literally SCARE MY DAUGHTER! That will not be an option for her! Absolutely not. I am going to let her know that if any "boy" who thinks he's a grown man truly LOVES her, then he will wait. Why aren't we instilling values of self-worth and education into our girls? It may not be that...it may be media, because the media does tend to 'glamorize' teen pregnancy. They did this with Sarah Palin's daughter. Palin said she was very disappointed, but the media did not portray that, but instead that the family was being celebratory. Some young girls seem to be absolutely ok with the fact that a man will give her a baby, WILL NOT MARRY HER and most of the time after the baby is three years old wont support it and moves on to the next one. It really saddens my heart. Even if they were to have them so young, at least get married first...but really, that does not make any sense. Talk about leaving and cleavin...more like staying n preying on little baby girls!
Honestly in the scheme of things...as a young child/teen the priority should not even be physical relationships, especially if they were taught the right thing. It should be 'Girl, you better focus on getting those As in English and Math!" Yes as humans we have natural human desires and lusts, but at 13 and 15 years old? The bottom line is that these girls have NOT A DROP OF FEAR in them of their parents or God, much less respect for THE REST OF THEIR ENTIRE LIVES AND their futures and the life of an innocent child. We glitterize it too much. Moms say 'oh the damage is done now' and throws a BIG BABY SHOWER and the kid has 10 pairs of air jordans before it's even born. THIS BUFFOONERY MAKES NO SENSE...SOMEONE CLARIFY FOR ME! LOL Yes, babies are gifts, dont get me wrong, but what about the 'gift' of a secure life, secure family, traveling the world, getting a PHD, etc? IM DONE. We have totally lost sight of the value and sacredness of marriage, and sex between two MARRIED people and having two parents under their own roof raising the child/ren they made together. As my mother and grandmother always told me..."KEEP YOU BOOKS OPEN AND YOUR LEGS CLOSED." Best advice of my LIFE! If only girls knew that doing that, will actually get you further! It will get you respect, a ring, a family, a house...TOP THAT STEVE HARVEY! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews