Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Oh my, oh my, my lovlies! Coming home to visit was the best decision I have ever made it such a long time...well maybe NOT that long. haha. Just like old times...talked and laughed with grandma, watched movies before bed, ate well of course, went to my home church, and grandma and I even did "The Hustle." NO! We were not hustling...we did the old dance. You know, dun dun dun da duh da dun dun da, dun dun dun da dun dah dun dah  da.."Do the Hustle!" lol The funny thing is there are a bunch of people out here hustlin'...hustling for fame, hustlin' for love, hustlin' for recognition and attention, hustlin' drugs, and Lord knows hustling money and people. Sometimes life circumstances may influence us to make decisions that will put us in the category of "hustlin." haha How in the world did I get on this subject? But ultimately, we all have the individual power to determine our destiny and chose to do good or do bad. There is no in between. No half stepping. I made up in my mind a long time ago that many people would chose to do bad and try to hustle people to get what they want, but I WOULD NEVER BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. Because fo'real, fo'real, when you do those kinds of things, the only one you'll end up hustlin' is yourself!
So aside from the "street word to the wise" info session (I am going to have to do a video blog about that one), I found the rejuvenation I was looking for, that I had needed. Grandma always tells me sometimes I am such a sad, "mad Black woman." haha. Tis true, but tis life. I want you to know though that THIS is by no means sad, but VICTORIOUS! At church yesterday I felt so much love. They prayed for me from the pulpit, in the pews, hugged me, kissed me, sent encouraging words forth my way and even love gifts. They actually understand. I thought I was being so irrational, but they said that I was going through a lot for someone my age. You know, with my biological father (who is still on the loose :)), the non-profit, college...I love them so much and they love me even more! You cannot be sad, mad, or frustrated when you know a set of faithful people love you so much. I know what I have to do now. I was busy looking for people to fill the void in my heart. I was looking in all the wrong places, when I should have been in God's word. For He says "Seek YE FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33)." So this means I have to seek him first and THEN He will give me friends, give ScholarCHIPS 501c3 status, give me peace of mind and good grades. I have been blessed and now I feel like blessing people! I am going to send my dear friend a birthday card with a little something...though she left me hanging. We all make mistakes and "hustle" (lol) every once in a blue moon...and with that need love, forgiveness and understanding...God has given it to me, so I am going to give it. Shout out to my ST. JOHN UNITED BAPTIST CHURCH FAMILY (The true epitome of God's unconditional love)! "And the greatest of these is love." Guys, when you start to give selflessly out of the softness of your heart, and watch it come back to you, you will began to give with your eyes closed! In plain terms, it is so much better to give than to receive. And don't give stale. What do I mean? If you want to be increased in blessings, you have to increase your givings. You cant keep tossing out the same measly amount of whatever and expect magically more! No!
Anywho, when I am home and sleep in my bed I see visions. Sounds funny, but it's true. Almost everything I dream about at home comes to fruition in the near future. As we are planing out the ScholarCHIPS event on March 3rd, everything is all falling into place. I am not going to spoil any surprises (though it's killing me, I want to tell you)....but you DO NOT WANT TO MISS IT! I want this to be a joyful, relaxing time of fellowship and fun...meeting new people, expanding your network...and coming so I can see your beautiful face! I LOVE YOU AND I WANT YOU TO HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK. If He can do it for an average poor girl like me, He can and WILL do it FOR YOU! #DiaryofaHappy&BlessedBlackWoman lol grandma "Do the Hustle!" hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews