Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Brad Paisley's New Song "Accidental Racist" is Genius to Me

Hello there :) It's been such a long time. April 8th feels like years ago. I've actually had a terrible sinus infection for the past two weeks. It's amazing how a cold can debilitate you from doing much else except give you the strong desire to want to sleep all the time, but I feel better now. The doctor gave me antibiotics. Anyways, I have a lot to share with you so let's get this train moving!

First thing first. I kept hearing things about a new song called "Accidental Racist" by Brad Paisley. I looked it up tonight, listened to it with the lyrics on Youtube and I am not offended at all. I thought the song was genius! It's about two perspectives...one from a proud, white southern man and one from a black rapping man. Both perspectives are honest and still felt by both sides today, however I know there's an even deeper meaning behind the song. The song sends the message of a desire to stop judging one another and get to know each other past the surface. Our ancestors started this country off on a crazy foot to say the least, but if we take off our judgement, we can heal. Here's the chorus.

I’m just a white man comin’ to you from the southland
Tryin’ to understand what it’s like not to be
I’m proud of where I’m from but not everything we’ve done
And it ain’t like you and me can re-write history
Our generation didn’t start this nation
We’re still pickin’ up the pieces, walkin’ on eggshells, fightin’ over yesterday
And caught between southern pride and southern blame


Please watch the video I made about it in more detail and let me know if you agree or disagree. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJElRhH3uc&feature=youtu.be Are you offended by the song?
Here's the discussion the women on The View had and the Wendy Williams Show:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews