Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Beyonce's New Album, Just Ratchet

Hey yall, ok I know, I know the Bey fans will most likely not see eye to eye with me on this one, but that's ok. I'm entitled to my opinion. After watching the 30 second previews of Beyonce's newly released videos I am disappointed by the level of ratchetness she is presenting! And the titles of her songs...Pretty Hurts, Blow, Jealous, and Drunk in Love....where Jay Z raps "Eat the cake Ana Mae, Eat the cake Ana Mae." Ummm yeah....that is a reference to domestic violence, not cute, even if it was supposed to be a metaphor. In Pretty Hurts Bey sings and demonstrates that it's tough to maintain a certain body image and outward image that everyone expects to see and Jealous relates to folks being jealous, ex-boyfriends, etc. One of her songs called "Flawless" insinuates that she put no work into looked so beautiful and simply "woke up like this." Her videos and music overall is becoming even more sexual, more grim, more wanna be hood..but my question is WHY? She even has a song called Haunted. And people love it....they are eating it up without any question. Today's what so many call "musical geniuses" and what I'd rather call musical "puppets" are sending a message and I challenge people to think beyond "Oh it's just mastermind creativity." Even creativity strives to portray a message, but I'm not getting any positive messages from this music or the visuals that go along with it.

Beyonce fans love her as she is, I don't think she needs to compete and/or combine elements of all pop stars like Rihanna (who has been portraying that creepy sexuality and insanity for some years now. The most recent example being her What Now video), Madonna, and Miley Cyrus' short boy, blond haircut and twerking. Music celebrities now seem to be focused on producing "whatever keeps the people talking," which was exactly Miley Cyrus' explanation in her interview with Alan Carr Chatty Man. And correction Miley...no everyone who write publishes their thoughts on the computer is doing it anonymously honey. You can Google Me baby, lol. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14qcad_miley-cyrus-on-alan-carr-chatty-man-13th-september_music

Just like celebrities make the argument that "it takes courage: to do what I do, I argue that it also takes courage to stand up and speak and and say no...what you are doing on national tv and showing my kids is not right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews