Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Ghana, Oh My Ghana: My Study Abroad Experience

So first of all, so sorry for leaving you hanging for so long. After I crossed into a sorority this past December, I went home for Christmas break and simply slept and relaxed my life away *but surprisingly still did a lot of networking) and then I was off to Ghana for almost the whole month of January. Oh how I miss that country so! The food is delicious. The country is so peaceful. The scenery is to die for. But most importantly the people are so loving and so genuine. I had a blast. It was so nice to get away from being consumed in front of a computer screen for most of my life, to always be interacting and sharing with real people about life and just laugh...and oh, how can I forget we danced A LOT! I was always physically active and always socializing. Now, I am back to reality. Lots of school readings to complete. Lots of late night of studying for exams ahead. Lots of non-profit business, but hey I have to count my blessings and thank God for the time I spent away. I absolutely love going to countries outside of the US continent--there's always so much to learn, so much culture to consume, hometown pride and friendly people (of course you still have to use your discernment, lol).

I can't possibly explain to you all that happened in just one blog post, but I can do my best to show you! Here are a few pictures of me/us performing, me with school kids and me standing at the Cape Coast Door of No Return (that was some deep stuff!). Below is a video of me describing my adventures further and then is a link to my other blog for a leadership program I am in at my University. Enjoy!

YazzieSpeaks in Ghana Youtube Video

Leadership Ghana Blog










No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews