Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

LIVING JUST ENOUGH...FOR THE CITY!♫

Hola Amigos y my pueblo guapo...beautiful people. I don't know exactly what to say. It's been a minute, as they say. All I know is that I HAVE MISSED THE CITY! I am so glad to be back in DC. I am focusing on launching my modeling career, organizing a book of poetry and promoting ScholarCHIPS all at the same time. Everyday brings something new...no matter how big or small...exciting or stressful.

Im loving that my calendar schedule is back to being full. Never ever a dull moment. What they say is true..."You can take the girl out the city, but chu can't take the city out the girl!"

I am doing a spoken word piece this coming Friday (June) at Bourbon Coffee in DC from 6-8pm on Sex Trafficking. It's such a powerful piece. I have not preformed in a long time. I wrote it one night after doing research and watching a few MSNBC documentaries entitled "Sex Slaves." It is a sad reality, but yet very interesting and eye opening. You should watch. 300, 000 AMERICAN GIRLS believe it or not are abducted into Sex Trafficking in the US and 17,000 foreign girls/women are deported from poor countries abroad into sex trafficking here. 1 million are estimated to be pulled into the industry each year. Who knew it happened here?....oh, more than you think or would ever know. Drug dealers no longer sell drugs...but human services. Anyways...I plan to record the performance and then post it. DEEP STUFF! The overall poetry slam theme is Global Issues and the Title is "Thinking on World Peace." I am going to play/pun on that term "World Peace" in my piece! lol see...Im doing it already.

Not much new to tell you except for the AWESOME NEWS that ScholarCHIPS will be awarding our first college scholarship recipients ever in Washington, DC June 23rd. Place TBA. Please mark your calendars. The ceremony will be in the afternoon. 


Not much else to tell you...YET, but there's a lot coming down the pipe form various directions (or in that case it would be pipes right?) lol. Sometimes I wish I could fast forward 10 or 20 years.

PS: If you want a feature story published on a topic/event/person...contact me! Also, feel free to contact me to say hello. For some reason I find that lots of folk are lacking good old fashioned communication today. I have come to the conclusion that many are truly busy ALL DAY EVERY DAY, but some simply perpetrate like they are busy! lol I suppose it is a sign/symbol of importance and superiority, if I may.
Till then...I am going to be like a kid in a sandbox in the city I missed so much. Looking to build sandcastles and bury myself in opportunities:) LIVING JUST ENOUGH....

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks you! I appreciate you taking time to read through my rambling:) haha Thank you for your support Love!

      Delete

Total Pageviews