Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, May 28, 2012

♪No Church In The Wild♪...But Imposers in the World!

WOW! I love it when I randomly stumble across food for thought...I have talked about it before so it's nothing new, but I think it is both incredible and commendable when people are able to dissect song lyrics (which often have dual or subliminal messages anyhow) and explain the meaning/s we do not pick up...either because we are completely engrossed by the beat (which I sometimes fall victim to myself) or simply just do not understand all the hidden 'oh so complex' metaphors. What am I talking about..., well none other than the greatest and wealthiest hip hop music empire in modern day and perhaps that ever existed...Roc Nation, Jay Z's musical empire, which includes all the super dee duper stars such as Beyonce, Rihanna, Kanye West and their newbie Rita Ora (who undeniably looks smack like Beyonce in the face and has Rihanna's body and sex appeal dance moves). Anyways...I was looking up Kanye and Jay Z's song "No Church in the Wild." And low and behold what I found. I've always heard all of them shouting out NEW WORLD ORDER and Jay Z calling himself "Hova"...abbreviation for Jehovah which in modern day Christian talk refers to Lord/Savior. I cannot speak on it's Hebrew or Greek or Latin definitions, because I am not sure and I do not want to get it wrong...but if he means what it sounds like he means...He is one giant Crazy (Im saying this is the nicest way I know how. lol) Anyways, I am not going to spill all the beans. But I will leave you with a few things to ponder and the article I read. Here is the hook to the song "No Church in the Wild"...

Human beings in a mob 
What's a mob to a king? What's a king to a God? What's a God to a non-believer who don't believe in anything? Will he make it out alive? Alright, alright, no church in the wild


What do these interpret these lyrics to mean? Do they mean anything? What is meant by the term 'wild' in this case? I think the song is interesting to dissect whether you are spiritual in any way or not. With that please when you have a moment of boredom or idleness please read this short article and tell me what you think? http://voices.yahoo.com/no-church-wild-really-means-those-10923726.html?cat=33 


Hip hop often both leads us and want us to believe that the lyrics are always about the hood, 'surviving in the ghetto,' and or black/minority people's struggles, while this is sometimes truth there is an even deeper meaning, especially in these gentlemen's songs....a spiritual one perhaps? 


I know you probably think I am crazy....but sometimes we simplify life too much AND MUSIC! Not to say that everything needs to be complex all the time, but we often miss so much because we SEE only what we want to see...GET ME? 


Don't forget to Follow me on Twitter @YazzieBeau93...LOVE YOU! Have a great Memorial Day...God bless all you veterans....my hat goes off to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews