Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, December 3, 2012

How Far is Too Far? Christian Dating Sites?

Sooo...I was in the gym today and I see an advertisement for a Christian dating site...something like Christian Mingle. And I was like, something is not right with this picture. I remember seeing those inappropriate  but oh so funny late night commercials for secular dating hotlines, not matter how "religious" or "Christian"you try to make it, I still see the image of a cute, thin long-haired lady, with a large rack holding a phone, lounging on the couch image in my head. Well, those are for phone dating as opposed to online dating, but still...Is it just me, or is that a little weird? If you are a Christian and you are looking for dates...one I hope you prayed about it and two, you need to go to more church events and bible studies. lol no, seriously, you may disagree...but how far is too far? I think this has gone a little to far and I know Christian dating/mingling sites have been around for a while, but first of all Christians shouldn't be "mingling" like that...that sounds like you are going to a bar to find a one nighter. Yes, I said it. No...you should have higher standards than that and be more patient. Patience is one of the fruits of the spirit and the bible says "He who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing so a woman should not be creating an avatar, trying to find a date online. And second...Christians fellowship! (I know my grandmother will appreciate this one). Third, a Christian dating site emulates that of the secular world. There is supposed to be a notable difference between the secular world's practices and the religious world, and in this case the Christian religion. Anyways, what do you think? I just thought this was a little funny, sad, and confusing all at the same time! Obviously someone's out to make money on desperate Christians who've lost the faith that when the time/season has come, God will send them their date...I mean life mate!

And I KNOWWWW...one of these sites did not just use Psalms 37:4 "Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Really? lol I really don't think God meant for this to mean to delight in the Lord and then proceed to scope out people interpersonally on the internet in belief that this is how God wants and will provide your life mate or a date...whatever. Who is in charge of the airways again?
Now available on your Iphone and Android, so you can date on the go! SMH


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews