Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Another Birthday, Turning 20

I've been getting a little taste of what it means to be in the public eye...When you're personal information is visible to anyone who has a computer and a Google search engine (lol, If you have a computer you have this anyway) it's automatically up for scrutiny...not that I didn't understand that in the beginning, but I am seeing it now more than I have ever before. But I will say that though it's not always to be desired, I appreciate constructive criticism because it helps me to become better...however, how one person may perceive something, another person may perceive a totally different way, so then what do you do? lol Well, I say use your best judgement. Considering that I am only a sophomore in college, I will likely see this even more before I graduate. The other day when out to eat with family, a group of teenagers recognized me from tv...lol. CRAZY! My birthday is February 17th and I'm turning 20...I promise you that every birthday after my 17th, I stopped getting excited. I truly miss the excitement of knowing that your family's going to treat you extra nice that day and you know at the end of the day you'll be greeted with a delicious cake that bares your name in addition to tons of wonderful new gifts.
Two of my motivations are giving back but also trying to climb up out of poverty/struggle...tell me how does that work, lol. If I can do this before I graduate I will truly be "The Master of my fate and the captain of my soul!" No matter how vague or distant it may seem, America still allows us a gleam of hope that we can make it in this world, and make it big. My concern is not the fame, but yes, I'd like to be able to be independent and take care of my family, but then again, who doesn't want this?
Anyways, I'm taking everything one step at a time. Praying that the Lord leads me every step of the way. I've been trying to improve my health and get in shape (not that i'm unhealthy but there's always room for improvement right?). Still drinking veggie juices and going to Zumba, I've lost a few inches, but nothing drastic yet...it's only been a month or so, so I just need to be more patient. There are a lot of fundraisers I'm having to prepare for this year, on top of 18 credits, in addition to extra curriculars so you could say my schedule is jam packed, but I'm nevertheless grateful.
Enough of my blabbering  just giving an update.
Happy... birthday....to...me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews