Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Detox Plan, Join Me?

Well...I wasn't going to tell anybody, but I had to tell you! So, this was not a part of my "New Year's Resolutions" or anything but recently I looked at the things I was buying at the grocery store and realized that my eating habits have not been all the healthy lately. I wanted to change my eating habits to more healthier choices, but I don't want to "diet" because 1) I would feel deprived and 2) it would slow my metabolism down. Coincidentally, I watched this documentary via Netflix the other day called Hungry for Change. It covered everything from bad eating habits, to the danger of dieting, to healthy habits. I learned that juicing vegetables and fruits allows for us to consume more than we would normally consume to give our body's the proper nutrients, so we are not starving all the time. If we eat the right things we can be satisfied for a longer period of time, on less food. Also the documentary talked about excellent foods to help detox/cleanse the body such as green and raw vegetables, cilantro, spinach, cucumbers, nuts, omega 3 oils, etc.
 I knew I was going grocery shopping today so I said hey let's buy more green vegetables and fruits! I bought cilantro, cucumbers, spinach salad, nut and cranberry mix and made a nice salad with rasberry vinaigrette dressing! I also purchased some lemon, green tea, salmon, veggie/fruit juices, pre-cooked baked chicken and some other miscellaneous items. This is honestly, the healthiest grocery trip I've ever made and I plan to make it a habit. The salad was phenomenal and I'm planning on video documenting a taking pictures of my journey. Because I want a flatter, tighter stomach I am combining this with concise exercises such as squatting, towel knee lifts, leg lifts. Now I'm not promising some miracle, because I don't know how this is all going to go down, but I'm going to dedicate myself for the next 10 days and hopefully reach 25. I welcome you to do some research and join me. Maybe you are already a health guru and you already know these things and do them regularly, but unfortunately every household does not practice these habits regularly and some people, like me, have to train themselves to be disciplined. I'm really excited. They say it clears your skin, your breathe, and gives a glow to your skin. Sounds almost too good to be true, only time will tell :) Cheers with veggie juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews