Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Sisterhood Show Is an Embarrassment, False Representation

No, no no no no no NO! The Sisterhood is a completely HORRIBLE SHOW! I'm so tired of television it's not funny or cute anymore. I'm disappointed to see that the world of materialism and gossip has infiltrated the church...which First ladies in their right minds would agree to doing such a dramatic show. It's a terrible and false representation of what a Pastor's wife is like. A pastor's wife should not be gossiping and the serious and intimate topics they bring up in only the first episode are not only inappropriate, but in which they way they do it is unrealistic. In the first episode one of the pastors was teaching his young daughters who didn't look over 17 years old how to put a condom on and demonstrated with a banana and spilled out his sexual past. What pastor in their right minds would do this 1) on tv and 2) at all?!!! If it were a real Christian household he would be telling his girls to remain abstinent and wait for the man God provides for them. Then another pastor gives his wife handcuffs as a gift, and his wife on NATIONAL TV talks about their sex life. I'M DONE! I want to go on strike so bad...who is signing off, or turning a blind eye and letting buffoonery like this air?!
Christian women are to be loving, humble, non-gosspping and submissive to their husbands (Proverbs 31: 26, 1 Timothy 2)...I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS IS! These women are arguing, getting tattoos, showing skin, wearing 10 inch Nicki Minaj heels, gaudy jewelry. I'm done.....
Out of all the first ladies I've seen they are classy, dressed well and appropriately. Though I'm only 20, I have to say I do not like what I see in terms of these modern churches...they're looking too much like a club...flashing lights, flashy interiors. Give me an old school church, with wooden pews, a loving church family, women who cover up their chests, and sing with all their hearts not are stunning for a TLC Camera. From a 20 year old college student I am truly disappointed in these grown "Christian" women for even agreeing to doing this show. It's a complete and total embarrassment on the Christian community and on black women (media always finds creative ways to downgrade us). WHERE IS MY SHOW? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews