Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

DJango Movie:Conservatives Wage War

I did not realize til recently that the movie DJango has had a lot of negative talk from both Black comedians and activists, but moreso white conservatives. I saw DJango and I thought it WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER! So Katt Williams appears to be mad because he was originally given the script (or so he says) and he is upset by how many times the "N" word appears. If that is even the slightest true, I am not paying HIM any mind, as he probably uses the "N" word more in a one hour stand-up show than the total some people have ever said that word in their lives. Spike Lee was hollering that its a bad movie....but Spike Lee seems to always fuss about thought provoking movies that he didn't write, produce or have a part to do with. He is infamous for criticizing everything Tyler Perry does.
Now movie to white conservatives who are going on strike about the movie. Quentin Tarantino is a mastermind....he created a modern day western in which a black man slave is the hero...he is set free, becomes a bounty hunter, and goes to the most dangerous plantation in all of Mississippi to save his wife. It is a genius movie....the truth is it brings back up a lot of issues we haven't seen in the movies in a very long time...some commentator said since perhaps The Birth of a Nation. I personally don't think it's been that long...I mean what was the purpose of Roots? Anyways, I do not think it's anything to be upset about. Slavery is the backbone of our American history (and so are Western movies) and without a doubt race is still an issue today. I mean President Obama has received so many death threats its not even the slightest funny and I just found out that someone actually shot gunfire at the White House from his car on Constitution Ave.
I will not continue on and on, but it is a movie worth seeing...it's educational, thought-provoking, and entertaining! It's a mastermind piece because there probably has never been in America's history a Black hero (who didn't die) in a Western style film! I may be over-exaggerating but that is so rare, and amazing to see! Below is an insightful news interview about the movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2C0ZIAS4pM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews