Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Juggle

In school, I almost ALWAYS feel like a juggler in a circus...

trying to balance school work, with REAL work, with leisure, with extracurricular and my spiritual...

Funny. I hadn't even mentioned eating, sleeping and exercising, which all by the way have to fit into there too. 

In the summer it's much easier...a little bit of work, some photo shoots, and much needed sleep and family time. 

Each year in school brings on more work and more research, but I'm sure the end results will be endlessly rewarding. 

The sad part though, is I don't get to write to my public (and for myself) like I love to. To write on recent topics, write on my life discoveries from day to day. 

Not having to worry about formatting everything in it's proper AP, MLA, or Turabian style....I mean its (did you get that joke...kekekekke) I can be funny, witty, and completely honest. 

For one of my junior seminars we're reading this book by Ann Lamott called "Bird by Bird." This woman IS HILARIOUS! There's nothing like an enjoyable read with vivid imagery and outbursts of laughter just waiting to happen. 

My roommate situation is "Giving me LIFE!" As many young people say today, as an expression of great satisfaction. 

We all have our own rooms (4), but often we just happen to congregate in the kitchen or in the living room simply laughing! We will all end up sitting at the dining room table doing homework or eating, sharing our experiences...and LAUGHING! For THIS is the college experience I'd been longing for for so long and it has finally arrived! It may cost me an extra hour or two of sleep, but building bonds and strengthening relationships can't be capped by a time period. It must flow naturally. 

I also have this Kick-butt teacher, who is teaching us how to make our resumes PHENOMENAL and stand out from what he calls "the slush pile"! He says, "You're too unique to minimize yourself to a template!" To me, in my mind, that's like the greatest quote ever! He so polished...always wears nice suits and ties, and is the funniest man. His humor is very calm and very subtle. He really wants for his students to succeed in the real world. 

The other day, I had two gentlemen on campus who needed b-roll of me for a video (for one of my scholarship programs0 and lo and behold, who would've known that there is a prison (really a release program) about 8 minutes away from a private, affluent university. 

I also sat down and spoke with one of the lunch ladies on her break and was awe-struck to find out what goes on behind the scenes. Wow, being a student and being in their world is literally two different worlds. 

I am currently interning with a local marketing company and have the opportunity to blog for a fashion blog. How exciting, my first official writing gig! 

Yes my thoughts are jumping and being tossed like those juggler pins...

Ok... I NEED SLEEP! Nighty night. I mean GOOD MORNING, Heavens it's 3:30am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews