Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Class of 2015 year's for NPHC Greekdom

I know you read that title and said what in the world? Well, as I scroll through my Facebook feed I see that many of my peers from high school (class of 2015) have pledged NPHC Greek organizations this year! I saw two or three ladies that pledged Delta and two that pledged AKA...congrats to you all! This year on Wednesday, Nov. 6th I crossed the burning sands into Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated. I am definitely a better person because of it. There were lots of tears and challenges, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Often when people see you at your weakest, it allows them to point out your flaws or your weaknesses...not like you didn't know them already :) but sometimes you really don't. It often hurts, but the point is that now you are aware, so you can either work towards improving them or say to people "Hey, this is me. This is who I am, this is one of my flaws or weaknesses and you will either have to love me or leave me!" No matter what you decide, now you are aware, you are now in control and you decide what to do with the information that has been given to you (I hope I'm making sense).

Many may think and have asked, "Why didn't Yasmine pledge Delta or AKA?"

Well, my darling let me explain, now let me preface by saying I have no interest in dissing, I am only going to tell you why I joined Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated. 1) We get too caught up into titles, in general...whether it be titles at the job, titles at church and titles in Greekdom. The whole idea is to join an organization in which you believe in their principles and truly believe that YOU can contribute to the organization. I loved Zeta's principles of Scholarship, Service, Sisterly Love and Finer Womanhood...yes, that FINER WOMANHOOD piece was, is and will always be key for me. Lest, I not leave out that we are constitutionally bound to our brothers of Phi Beta Sigma, hence--Zeta Phi Beta Sigma!


Now don't get me wrong all NPHC greek organizations believe in making your academics a priority, doing community service and having a brotherhood or a sisterhood. I truly believe that in NPHC no matter what organization you join, as long as it's one of your choice and you work hard to earn your letters and work hard even after you earn them, that's all that matters...there so much richness to be found....lifetime friendships, a network, business partnerships, a better you, a more disciplined you! Congrats all of 2013's new greeks. I hope you grew from the experience as much as I did and NEVER STOP GROWING!

(If you are interested in joining an NPHC fraternity or sorority please do some research about each and if you decide to speak with someone please be discrete. Or if you would like to learn more about NPHC, when, why and how these organizations were founded you may find this information online.) If you want to ask me more about my experience, why I joined, etc. feel free to reach out to me through inbox on Facebook or Twitter @Yazziespeaks.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews