Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Campaign for Integrity

Well, I'm back in full force...full class load...learning new things every day...THIS is the way it should be. As you may have noticed, I really did not speak on the presidential campaign happenings except once or twice up to this point. I know that in presidential elections people invest not only their money, their hopes for the future, but their emotions as well. Today in my Public Opinion class we watched a documentary called The War Room, specifically about the Clinton presidential campaign in 1992 against George H. Bush. Oh, how different presidential elections were back then. What disappoints me the most nowadays is that, whenever I watch these acceptance speeches and campaign speeches...I always say to myself....I COULD HAVE WRITTEN THAT! I mean Paula Kerger, the CEO of PBS, has better, more sophisticated speeches then what I'm seeing...for the TOP POSITION IN AMERICA YALL! One of Clinton's campaign speeches in 1992 was the demonstration of pure mastery...he said something like "Poverty is up. Jobs are down. Fear is up. Hope is down...everything is upside down, now we're gonna win this thing and turn everything right side up!" Not to say that this is perfect, and not to say that it was not degrading then-president Bush's character, but what ever happened to speeches like this? Save me the fila and drama for theater!
The beginning of Romney's acceptance speech was obviously constructed to 'pull on the heartstrings of Americans'...make us feel like he's just like us, like he's an oh so innocent, average American, wanting to invest in a business. I mean, yes he's human, but he hasn't necessarily lived a 'normal' life...in fact most politicians have not.
I couldn't even watch the whole thing...and what's with all the cheap shots? Romney says something to the effect of, "You know he's not doing something right when the day you were most excited is when you voted for him." Saying this as calmly as I can, how can someone be so heartless to degrade that THE DAY AMERICANS MADE HISTORY!?! I can't watch anymore. What ever happened to integrity?
Can North America go on a hiatus from having a leader til someone with a humble, hardworking spirit, without all the rude sarcasm and quick wit steps up? Mind you, make no mistake, I'm not just talking about Electorate Romney, but this seems to be a recurring trend that's only getting worse...we had then-President Bush Jr., then Sarah Palin...I mean really? There are no other REAL qualified people willing to fundraise??? I just think it's bad when I KNOW I can write better speeches than what's being slapped on the podium before these so-called politicians. WHO IS RUNNING THESE CAMPAIGNS TODAY? Where are the James Carvilles? No he [Romney] didn't say that President Obama lacked the primary qualification to even be elected. I don't care whose side your on...TOO FAR IS JUST TOO FAR...Enough has been more than enough for a long time. I'm not even siding at this point and President Obama is guilty too of the side humor. I'm not trying to convince you to side...but won't you just think about it for a moment. If I ever run a campaign it will be to bring integrity back! We've got hope, but our individual self-pride, humility, and honesty seem to be lost in the wind somewhere...
Going back to the Clinton campaign, James Carville was the head consultant of the Clinton campaign, married to Mary Matalin, head consultant of the Bush Campaign. Carville made the comment that...it's the most American thing you can do...a husband in wife in the same horse-buggy, canceling out each others votes! And they got along just fine. If America can ever get to this point, to agree to disagree (easier said than done I know, will probably never happen due to greed and misunderstanding on both sides) and have all inclusive leadership, we would be just fine and happy. Big generalization...but you propose something better...this whole Republican/Democratic thing is getting old. maybe we should try a dictatorship for a change....??? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews