Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chick-Fil-A [Controversy]: Is Christian Based Company, What Did You Expect?

haha. Silly me...I have been hearing people ask around out load and on Twitter things like "Have you stopped buying Chick-Fil-A or are you going to buy Chick-Fil-A today? Have you heard about the Chick-Fil-A incident?" So today I google "Chick-Fil-A Incident" and the first thing I come across is a Chick-Fil-A employee being fired after putting the names "Ching" and "Chong" on two, Asian long-time customers' receipts, but that was in December of 2011 or so. I say to myself "This can't be it," and I search further and find titles such as "Chick-Fil-A Reveals it's Views on Same-Sex Marriage," "Chick-Fil-A and Other Companies Take A Stand," "Backlash from Chick-Fil-A Opening Up Opinion...." You know. And I found out that many companies have recently been opening up about their stances on Same-Sex Marriage. Many support it, but Chick-Fil-A does not. Chick-Fil-A is a Christian based company, it was founded on Christian morals, so honestly, this should not be a surprise to anyone, Christian or not. Christians believe the foundation of marriage between one man and one woman. If you have a Muslim based company, wouldn't they stick with and stand by their morals?...the same with a Jewish company or a Buddhist company. Duh. lol Some articles said that Chik-Fil-A does not hire gay workers. I do not know if this is true, but I will say this...a company's workers REFLECT that of the company. YOU would not want someone working for you who doesn't represent you, right?
I'm speaking in a general since, yes, but that's because I want you to look at the bigger picture and not get caught up in your emotions. There a club in Elon, NC right across from my school called 'Plantation' and they do not admit Black people! I think that the most ridiculous and funniest thing ever by the way...a plantation with no [black] slaves (?)....what kinda plantation you running?! lol But I don't get mad...it's their business and they decide what they want and who they want.
People always gets mad when someone, a group, or a company promotes the cause of Christ, or Christianity but it's okay if people want to have Swing Parties, or have a Pride Parade or Comedians can say whatever they want to say...it's something terribly wrong with this picture. The mindset of the world is definitely perverted. If you want to dis and miss Chick-Fil-A's delicious Polynesian sauce and scrumptious milkshakes that's on you....but don't get mad at people believing what they believe, when YOU want to feel entitled to believe and do what you want, when you want, and nobody say nothing to you. It doesn't work that way boo. lol
I'm going to leave you with two quotes and I'm gone...Ronal Reagan said this, "If we ever forget that we are a nation under God, than we will be a nation gone under." (Personally I think many done already forget! lol) Webb Simpson said, "Freedom of speech" does not mean "freedom from criticism about your speech."
I know everyone will not agree with me, and everyone is not Christian, but again you wanna believe what you wanna believe so don't bash me and dont bash good food! lol People can be so silly. 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree, why are people so shocked? Also, I like the quotes, they're very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Renee! Thank you so much for the comment...it is deeply appreciated! Hope you're enjoying your summer...see you soon! I MISS GOSPEL CHOIR!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews