Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Barbies Gets A Makeover

Well, with all the criticism of Barbie's unrealistic figure in recent years and all the popular makeover shows on television, we knew sooner or later that Barbie would get a makeover (again) herself, but people are not to fond of her new look. What do you think? Its designer is Nickolay Lamm, who based her on average measurements of a 19-year-old American woman according to the Centers for Disease Control.

Here are some of the comments on the Yahoo story, I thought were funny, but also interesting observations...I was wondering myself why the new Barbie looks so unhappy, or miserable and ready to bodyslam! What are they trying to say? lol I know lots of thick, happy women :)

-
"This Barbie (the second) looks like she had a few kids and went through a divorce" lol

"Leave Barbie Alone!"

"What's with the arms out to the side? She looks like she's ready to throw somebody to the ground. Other than that, and the bizarre expression on her face, I like the idea of this more realistic doll."

"Why does lil Barbie look so miserable?"

"haha, Barbie with a Badonkadonk"

"She's built like a linebacker for the NFL"...LOL

"Still doesn't look quite right."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews