Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Patience is a Virtue

Ok. So I have decided on a BIG PROJECT I am going to pick up for next year, but I am not going to spill the beans just yet. I have a feeling that next year is going to be really loaded for me, but in a good and exciting way. Hhhmmm, maybe double major in Communications and History and minor in Human Services? Human Services is what ScholarCHIPS is anyhow, right? Maybe pick up being a reporter for the Elon news station? To close out this year, I will write a few pieces for the Pendulum. I am really frustrated, because my phone is not working. I need to buy a new one, but Wells Fargo is being so slow in transferring money! Ggeeshh, what's their problem?! lol Also, as a writer I am having a hard time tracking my impact, because I do not get much feedback if any anymore. The next step is increasing my audience, which can be even harder. I have emailed magazines and orgs, but no responses. I'm currently applying for grants for ScholarCHIPS. We are moving our website from a host site to THE REAL DEAL! Progress in any situation definitely calls for a ton of patience...whether it be having a broken cell phone or planning an event to expanding your audience.
I will be just fine though. I dont know if I already told you or not, but this summer I have an internship with PBS! You probably watched PBS cartoons and documentaries growing up and didn't even know it...Sesame Street, Arthur, In Between the Lions, Reading Rainbow...and documentaries like Eyes on the Prize. PBS is the biggest broadcasting station in the US! Im excited. I pray that the floodgates of opportunity will pour open this summer. I certainly need it. I feel like Tyler Perry. So many people and places continuously rejected him and ignored him FOR YEARS, but he never ever ever gave up and look @ him now...whether you love or hate his work, you know who he is don't you? You've heard his name, haven't you? now let me set the record straight...my hunting for opportunities is in no way a pursuit of self-promotion. I simply want to do what I love and touch/transform the lives of people in which I know, through Christ, I have the capacity to do. I want to do things that I love and provide a better, amazing future for my children and family. I do not want to live average. Have a regular 9-5, or even be a multi-micro business person with 50 different titles. I want to do one big thing and do it awesome and do it like no one else! I want to serve unreached, unserved communities. And bring people out of low self-esteem, suicidal mindsets....
The passion burns so bad it almost kills me. I just know that in whatever way my breakthrough comes, it will come from God and God alone. I want to take my grandma on cruises whenever I want and own timeshares on beach fronts and bank accounts on islands just like the other rich folks riding around here. I want to give big tithe checks to my church and travel on mission trips and have a fabulous wedding. I know it will come in time. I have too high of expectations for my life, from my awesome God, and for my children! Patience is truly a virtue, I have yet to fully grasp.
PS: I have taken to listening to SMOOTH JAZZ on PANDORA. I LOVE IT! Smooth Jazz really clams my spirit and makes me feel like I'm Flying. lol it helps me to sort my thoughts and be positive. It always reminds me of those late night car rides on the highway when it's raining, with my eyes closed in the back seat listening to that smmmmmmooooottthhh jjjaaazzzz! oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews