Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Judiciary Square, Naturalization Ceremony, Life Sentence

All I have to say is WOW! I attended a Naturalization Ceremony at the District Courthouse for the first time today and boy oh boy...I have to say, it was very moving. Approximately 110 people were "naturalized"or officially became U.S. citizens today. But what really blew my mind was seeing her up there....Who, you say?! My mentor....THE JUDGE! That's when it hit me that one of my mentors is a District Court Judge, very prominent, respected and known in her field. Following the Naturalization ceremony she had to sentence a man to life on account of the jury's decision. The man was from Afganistan I believe, and had been charged with producing and trafficking millions of kilos of heroin and then taking those millions and funding the Taliban and terrorists. Crazy huh? Yep...this is just an average day for me. lol No I'm totally joking :) I'm so blessed and grateful to have had these experiences and to be under the wing of one of the few people in our country who makes judiciary/legislative decisions every single day that impact all of our lives. CRRRRAAAAZZYYY. Or like they say now, this is CRAY!
Great day...now time for a cold shower and a nap. Back up n' at em tomorrow...lunch with a former graduate from Harvard Divinity School. This is going to be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews