Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Life-Changers are the TRUTH tellers: I Met One

You know it when you've met them! Amazing in every way...smart. funny. the perfect balance between work and play...silliness and seriousness. Im not talking about a soulmate. Nah, but just that awesome person in general you know is so amazing (and I don't use that word lightly) you know will be in your life for a very long time. His name is Richard Tafel. He is gifted in seeing through the lenses that most don't and often refuse to see through. You know that "Starfish" tale that every non-profit is so fond of?...the motto, let's say. You know..."If we can help one we're making a difference" Well, Tafel, who is also an ordained Reverend who graduated from Harvard Divinity school, believes that's not enough. We MUST do more...we must think bigger. We must look at the source of the problem and not simply try to through a band-aid over an issue and call it 'fixed' or 'better.' That just doesn't fly anymore. With a new day and age requires a new approach to solving problems, granted there is nothing new under the sun, but you catch my drift.
Tafel, founder of Public Squared is that amazing person I met and I know I met him on purpose. A fine coach of rhetoric (or rather oratory) and logic. "You have to get 'em in their heart but also in their minds." He was not afraid to tell me the TRUTH! And you know I love TRUTH. The best people...that will add the most value and knowledge to your life...those people you will blossom as a person by being around them are those who do not beat around the bush but at all times are willing to spit out the truth even when it hurts.
Tafel is a genius in his own right. I therefore introduce him to some and present him to many! Please check out his phenomenal op-eds here: http://thepublicsquared.com/in-the-media

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews