Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Don't Hate, Appreciate! Phat/Skinny...Confidence is the Prettiest

Random thought I had come to mind as I was scrolling through the Facebook homepage feed...the feed that hundreds of millions of people stare at everyday...more so than newspapers! I am noticing that more and more Plus modeling is gaining popularity and demand...people love and want to see beautiful, thick women with thighs, hips, full bosoms and curves; now granted not all people want to see this (I guess/don't see why not lol wink, wink), but juicy women are making moves! The only thing is, I'm finding it not so nice and fair that some of the so-called "cute" slogans that are coming out are slick shots at skinny women. Don't think so? Well here's one..."If a size 2 is beautiful, than my size 22 must be GLORIOUS!" I get the pun/word play or should I say number play on this, but what does this quote say about a size 2 woman? Every woman that's 'skinny' as we call it, is not anorexic, just like every plus sized woman is not greedy. Here's another one..."A woman with no curves is like having jeans with no pockets...you don't know where to put your hands!" Again, haha funny...ok I get it, but there's still an underlying theme there. Basically something to the effect of a man does not desire a skinny woman or a woman "with no curves" aka LOVE HANDLES/JELLY ROLLS LOL! My point is...plus model industries and their ad campaign managers can certainly make cute phrases without putting down the skinny woman. This does no justice to the cause and in fact seems counteractive...all the years the fashion industry was putting down big women or women who just like to eat a juicy berger every now and then, the plus model industry is no more right then to put down the other side. It's almost like a "I'm going to crticize YOU to make ME feel better about myself." Can't we all just get along?! lol My observation and suggestion is for women...please get to know WHO YOU ARE...inside and out! LOVE YOURSELF AND ROCK WHATEVER YOU HAVE! Men will see your confidence and LOVE IT AND LOVE YOU! Criticizing someone else is SSSOOOO NOT SEXY, it's a turn off. People can tell when you are confident, just like they can tell when you're insecure or cocky. I think above all confidence is the best look...how about a campain for that?! hhmmmpptt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews