Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Feel The Love

"Ooohh, can you feel the Love tonight? It is where we are!" Do you remember that famous, and oh so loved Lion King song? Well, hum that tune in you head softly as you read this post (with the piccolo, African drums in the background and all). lol One lady I work with, yesterday was just giving me such positive energy...she was giving me compliments and praises left and right and I said you know what...THIS FEELS GOOD! It feels good to be loved and to be recognized...so, I was touched to do mass shout outs on my Facebook page. Oh yes! Not just one, two, or five, but tons. I'm still going at it...I challenge you to see the good in your life...in you and in those around you! As you celebrate this being Friday (it's da weekend! lol) take time to thank or compliment someone...it could be someone you know and love or A COMPLETE STRANGER! Those are actually the most fun because you don't know what you'll get! You will be surprised at how happy it makes you feel...I promise.
Here's a cute story. I remember last school year in college, a young Caucasian girl was sitting on the flowerbed right outside of the main school building. In her hands she held a big, white poster stating "FREE COMPLIMENTS!" as people walked out she asked them if they wanted free compliments...some where like "SURE! GO FOR IT!" While some laughed and thought she was crazy...I thought she was extremely brave and I admired her for it. Of course, I took my free compliment (which all came off the top of her head by the way) and she complimented me on my clothing style! (Well I am a wannabe model by the way right? It would be shameful if I wasn't stylish. haha I crack myself up) Anyways, the funny thing is...SHE WILL BE MY ROOMMATE THIS UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR! OUT OF ALL PEOPLE ON CAMPUS...but it gets better. She was also the one who taught me how to edit videos and post them on Youtube so I can bring you those hilarious videos you see me post on YazzieSpeaks the Truth! Oh boy, I must get ready....We are going to have a compliment fest! lol She is a dollbaby...and very talented, a dancer! Beautiful blue eyes, that make you want to swim in them! Thought that would be a cute Friday story to share! Fell free to check out my Facebook Page 'Yasmine Arrington scholarchips' and read about some amazing ppl...just short blurbs...You may see your name! 
PS: I do not want to hear any excuses as to why you can't be nice for a second today..I have this excruciating pain on my sides and I'm still trucking...lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews