Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Daddy's Baby Girl

Hearing a man telling me I'm his "baby girl" sounds strange over the phone, yet sweet and calming. Today was another terribly interesting day! This time I will start with the semi-bad news. I got my math test back today, and unfortunately it was a "C"! Aaaahhhh. IF I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY SINGLE TIME I GOT A "C" ON A MATH TEST I WOULD BE RICH. And that is not understatement my darling. I know that I am an "A" student, though I have never really been. I participate, I always do my homework, I go to office hours, and I even studied for 6 hours with buddies. Why do I keep seeing "B"obs and "C"ats! I need more "A"pples. lol in English I can produce "A"s like a factory line with my eyes closed, I can't hardly produce a B in math with my eyes wide open. Math is officially my Arch Nemesis!
Aside from that I had an excellent talk with my Caribbean History Professor today--that woman has so much brain power it makes no sense! She could probably take over the world if she wanted to! Please don't take this to literal :) She introduced me to another Black professor and he was fabulous too--they are too funny! I think Someone is leading in the path of being a African-American/History minor. I find this stuff so fascinating! Anyways, then I went to career services and saw a work of magic occur on my resume. There's only one guy in Career services and boy oh boy he's worth a million--Hollywood here I come! How come all this time I never knew to have a cover letter with my resume?
This is why you have to ask for everything, because folks dont just tell you stuff to be telling you! I fill like a big bag of "campus success secrets"! Folks running around asking me how to get a job as a tour guide...I am going to a PR meeting today to try and find innovative ways help promote Elon's TV Shows. Any ideas? I watched the movies "N-Secure" and "The Greatest Song," starring some of my favorite actors/actresses and they both made me cry. I truly feel like a sissy--I never cry on movies; that's when you know they're good. If you know anything about me, I am a Black movies Guru! I AM COOLEY HIGH, OKAY, OR THE BEST MAN? take your pick. lol College is now officially a rolling ball for me. I am a fat, cute little hamster getting a heck of a work out every day and it gets better and better. MY VITALS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD! I thank each and every one of you for being in my life and having a desire to understand me and know me and share your own knowledge with me. There is so much to discover and be grateful for, no matter where you are in life. I leave you with this--"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7 #Living Testimony "I am a hamster in a rolling ball oh, and Daddy's baby girl! :) 

2 comments:

  1. you don't necessarily need a cover letter with a resume. most cover letters (that ive come across) are more personal and usually caters to more of a follow up conversation...ie: dear so and so...thank you for speaking with me and such and such career fair attached is my resume blah blah blah. i only have a cover letter because i needed to submit one for my "review of internship" class...and even tho I have it i have yet to use it and ive had 2 (bout to be 3) internships so far.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews