Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A New Day, Higher Heights!

My dad was released from prison today! He was put on a GreyHound bus. He should be in Wilson, NC now, or at least by dawn. I am so happy and ready--to "meet him" and get to know him. All the anxiety and worry I had before is now all gone. Some more great news, I worked behind the scenes of Etalk as a prompter--Elon's new tv talk show (sort of like the View) tonight. It was a lot of fun. I will get to be a host in the coming weeks; just have to be patient. I also sold my first three items on Ebay--this day has brought so much excitement. I got to know this really sweet girl from my Communications class. She is a junior, she plays tennis, and the best part is, she has a car! lol She is truly a sweetheart. I had been praying that God would send me a good friend.

Some sad and rather scary news. I experienced "Fraud" yesterday for the first time in my 18 tender years of life; not fun. Some false company had wiped out my entire Wachovia, or should I say Wells Fargo Account. I was so scared. I was charged $128 in addition to a bank overdraft fee of $35. I filled a claim and they found that the transaction was in fact unauthorized and the bank refunded my money. That is some scary stuff. Please be careful who you give your bank/credit card info to online. I know not to trust those online surveys anymore. I hope you have a great day. I love the freedom that Elon presents to students. Literally, I feel like I am a sitting under a Christmas tree. I am being handed all these free gifts in pretty wrapping that I can just go for! Elon gives you opportunities and let's you do as you please, as long as your good at what you do of course. Man, I can't wait to be a senior!

Back to happy news: have you heard of the new online tv series "The Mis-Adventures of Awkward Black Girl"? I am going to send in my resume and apply to be a summer intern. They film in LA--wouldn't that be just terrific?!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Yasmine... Keep up the good work.. I love your blog too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Yasmine:

    I certainly enjoy reading your adventures. It definitely resonates how much you are enjoying the college experience. I hope during your meetings with your father, he gets to experience through you the freedom education holds for all of us. (watch: http://youtube/Py1ZBCmqWpA)

    Continue being you. You will go far.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews