Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dat's Very Eassy Faarr You To Say!

    Well, let's see. For those of you who havent heard, Tino won the one single annual [out of forty applicant] "Well Balanced Man" scholarship from Sigma Phi Epsilon (a predominately White fraternity). I was very proud of him! I did not realize how prestigious the award was--now I have been crowned "First Lady Well Balanced." lol Also, I finally got the dream photo shoot experience I had been dreaming of for so long. One of my dear friends agreed to experiment with me and we had a blast--exotic makeup, exotic clothes, exotic places! I am going to post the photos on Facebook. I was just thinking in the process it would certainly be awesome to just "look pretty" and pose in front of a camera all day [for the rest of your life] and make loads of money while doing it. Doesn't that sound so fun and easy?! I know, I know, before you go all baazerk on me, I was only kidding.
    I have been feeling quite stressed lately. (In My Jamaican accent) Ja know, it is very very 'ard to be a "LEADer," because you'r always under fire. All da while, it is very very eeeassyyy for one to sit back, cross dere arms (yeh you), and point fingars, but it is another ting to surrender yourself up for the greater good of humanity only for the greater likelihood that your imperfections will be exposed--TO DE WORLD! Meh really need fi develop tough-fer skin." I want to not care what anyone thinks, feels, or says that may not be what I want to hear; but if I were to do dat, I would not be able to GROW! And great leaders are servants and also excellent listeners. I know you have heard "In order to lead, you must first learn how to follow," and that is soo true.
    How can one feel like they are being ignored, but watched brutally all at the same time? I just need to go to the gym. I think it's that time--and another thing--Why is it that when a woman gets emotional, it has to be that time of month? It is during that time, when I can think more clearer about all the things that are messed up in the world, and our culture, and society and of course in my little bubble! lol. I sound a hot mess. Before I go though, Remember, don't pick out the splinter in someone else's eye when you may have a log in yours. (Jamaican accent again) Be CAREful 'oh you Say tings ta peoPLE. It is great to say tings out of love and concern, but just WATCH IT! ONE LOVE--Yours Truly, Yazzie
Matthew 7:2 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged."
"Ya nuh hav fi comment--just stay quiet and judgmental lik yah always do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews