Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Registering, Texting, and Churching!

    Wwwwhhhheeeewwww! I dont think I have ever in my life experienced something as painful as I just did! Registering for classes as a freshman with no incoming credits is a mess! I changed my schedule at least 4 times; I am done with that now and glad to say that I am satisfied with my schedule. I literally got the LAST SLOT for two of my classes--I was sweating bullets. I am ready for a nap now! lol For Winter Term I am taking "Music and Propaganda." HHhmmm, this shall be interesting (and fun)! I love to do critical analysis on topics like this, if you couldn't already tell:) haha
    The good news is-my Simple Mobile sim card finally came so I can stop spending a ridiculous amount of money on my AT&T payasyougo plan (more like "payasyougobroke"). I will now be paying a steady $40/month for unlimited talking and texting anytime, any place! In this day and age (for a teenager/college student/business person) it is essential to have a cellphone. The cellphone is the epitome of a "Communication Revolution." This idea is open for critical analysis:)
    More updates: For Caribbean History I have to read Jamaica Kincaid's "A Small Place." My dear friend Rachel a cute, kind-hearted, Caucasian/Jewish girl came with me to church yesterday! It was her first time at a Black Baptist church and we had a blast! The choir was singing all the "Gospel Goodies" such as "Oh Happy Day," "I'm Going Up Yonder" and many, many others. We also had Communion. I explained to her the significance of the act of Communion and walked her through the entire service. As a sidenote, I love Black Southern churches, because when they get in the spirit they dance and do "the airplane" and "the chicken"! The drums, piano, and tambourine start playing and it's on! Up North we think we're too good to do the funky chicken in church! lol Anyways, on Sunday one of my close friends who sings soprano with me in Gospel Choir joined the church and decided to get Baptized and also my father got saved the same day (I wish I had been two places at the same time)!
    Please do not be offended when I say that I have truly seen some miracles happen to those around me and in my own life, especially recently. I once did not believe that God performs miracles anymore [like how he turned water into wine, walked on water, etc], but that is so not true. I think we may not see miraculous things like that because of lack of faith. For me it is a miracle to wake up--it is a miracle that the folks I love have changed for the better--it is a miracle that my Jewish friend loved me enough to come to church with me--it is a miracle that I got the last slot in one one, but two classes! My definition of miracle: A supernatural work, that we as humans cannot do/make on our own (or even explain). Do you believe in MIRACLES? It's okay if you don't. Tell me why.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you yazzie, words can't describe! I love you and miss you so much. It is great to hear about all of the things that are happening with you! And yesssss your getting a phone with unlimited talking! We can finally catch up and talk now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giiirrlll! My UNLIMITED TEXTING AND TALKING IS UP AND KICKING! We gotta talk. Im going to Wilson this weekend. How's life? I miss you darling. God bless. When is a good time to talk? Night time, late night is always good for me. lol

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews