Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Hypocrisy Exposed":You Should Have Known; Nothing is Free, Not Even Free Speech!

   Ok...Hold up...Stop da press for real this time! I have a feature story in the Elon University School Newspaper, but that's not what I want to talk about. There was also another article entitled "Hypocrisy Exposed," about a student writer for the Pendulum who admitted to underage drinking. That was just dumb! lol This student wanted to make a point that the university, police, and a nearby club "The TapHouse," all need to do more to prevent underage drinking. My thing is, she could have made that point without putting her business on front street. [That's a complete and total no-no in the hood; like I know anything about the hood. haha] Couldn't she have said that "a student" or several students" carry fake IDs to clubs and use them to drink? Everyone everywhere knows that that is the unfortunate truth, so why did she feel it necessary to admit herself to doing such? Now she is being faced with several charges by the Office of Student Conduct at Elon. Now the Pendulum is mad at the school for pressing charges. Their claim is that faculty has been promoting "Free speech," a lot lately, yet they are penalizing a writer for being honest. The school's claim is that "it would be a liability for the university not to judicially interfere when a student admits to engaging in illegal activities."
   If I have ever learned anything in my few years in the work world---THE BIG ENTITY/BUSINESS ALWAYS WINS! The place with the most $ invested, gets the say. ALWAYS! No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you are publishing a book, your company will more often that not get the final say on marketing strategies (unless you are a famous writer). If you are a television show, the sponsors/owners get the final say in what goes on the air. If you attend college and you admit to doing something illegal on it's campus...they're gonna pursue your dumb bunny butt! lol In the work world you can get kicked out or fired over silly stuff like that. I especially can't do things like that as a Black, Female!? Uh huh, get outta here with that. People don't usually laugh at that joke, but it's true. It's all about perception and it's all about image. Elon is not going to risk being sued, in the event that this girl dies from alcohol poisoning, after she blatantly admitted drinking illegally. What would her parents think if they found out? What if the story was published in the Washington Post? As much as I hate to, I have to take the school's side on this issue and I can speak from personal experience on this one.
   And just as a hint, when folks say "We want Free Speech. Speak Your mind! Release your inhibitions!," they don't really, really mean it! This reminds me of O.J. Simpson. After he paid 33+ millions of dollars to get off on two murder charges, he had the nerve to write a book called "IF I DID IT." Really?! Thanks, O.J., now we KNOW YOU DID IT! If you don't remember anything else, please remember that "Freedom is not FREE! Everything comes with a price!" Especially if you are a Black female! haha. I propose that America stop faking and just become a Communist society and let the government dictate what we can and can't say; do and can't do. They've been dictating every one and every nation almost since the very beginning, just in stealthy, sly, shamefully sneaky ways--those crooks! The World Bank, IMF, The State Treasury, the GOP....all of demmss! [And before you get the wanting to challenge me, it was only a joke, but yet truth. Calm down.]
   Aside from all of this, what blows my mind is that the TapHouse club is directly, I mean just a few feet, behind a church! Now that's foul. I love to dance, but they can keep their confusion and their underage drinkers. I will just keep the dancing party twirling in my head or just stay on the church side. Let me know what you think of this scenario! Please Comment Below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews