Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Most Difficult Thing to Do...

Well, one thing is for sure...I am back in the city! I went to the dentist's office today via the metro bus and surely enough the bus began acting up so I had to get off before my stop. The familiar but not-so-pleasant smells greeted my nose just as soon as I walked out the front door. I can tell the difference in the air, now that I have been gone so long. I forgot how bold and brave the men in DC are. Clean cut or raggedy, don't ever underestimate the boldness of a D.C. man. lol But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about.
So before I left North Carolina. Pastor Tadd Granstaff at PineRidge Church (A very new. modern type of church) talked about Christmas as the season for giving, for-giving, FORGIVING. Get it? If not, you will in a moment. So during this season, whether we celebrate Hanukkah or Christmas, we always look for "the perfect gift" for him or her. Sometimes we buy gifts for others to cover up anger or guilt that has been eating us up for days, months, or even years. This is the season for giving, so in order to truly enjoy, forgive those who have hurt you. Give the gift of forgiveness. Once you forgive people for the hurtful things they have done to you, then you can move on with your life. However, after you forgive others, you need to do one of the most difficult things that anyone can do and that is acknowledge all the people you have hurt. It is so easy for us to point fingers and hold grudges against people who have hurt us, but what about those we have hurt? #foodforthought. "We tend to judge others by their actions and judge ourselves by our intentions." We can always make excuses for ourselves and for what we did. Something is wrong with this picture. You will be surprised at how anger/guilt free your life will be once you have forgiven ALL those who have wronged you! The bottom line is, we all make mistakes. Once we accept this fact, the easier life will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews