Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Movie LIFE: Lights, Camera...ACTION!

"How are you beautiful babydoll?...well, I hope." That is how my dad would address all his letters he sent to me while he was still in prison. And I am asking you that same. I pray that your holiday season has been terrific and exciting, or just plain ol' relaxing! If not, there is something you are not doing right. Yesterday I spent the entire day with my BFF (Best Friend Forever) Ruth. If there was ever an unconditional love that was deeper than the roots of trees-that's the love I have for her. I associate her so much with Ruth in the Bible who chose to stay by Naomi's side despite that fact that her husband had died and they both had no money. Ruth is a faithful friend to me, just like Ruth was thousands of years ago. We are total opposites. Funny thing is my name is not Naomi. I still haven't figured out what "Yazzzmeeen" means. Perhaps, cute or funny. Everyone says it means flower, but that's "Jazmine." My name is actually a Muslim name, though I am a Christian. This whole affair is quite confusing. Next time I see my dad I will ask him why he named me such. I love my name though, don't get me wrong. Your name is all you have when there is nothing else. 
I do not know how I got caught up on names. I really wanted to ask you...have you ever, if even just for a day, pretended that you life was a movie? I do. I do all the time! Sometimes there are days that seem so happy and fun that it feels like I'm in a fairy tale. There are some days that are so unbelievably dull or sad that I feel like my life is a soap opera. It's fun. You should try it. Acting like you are in a different place, with a different name with a camera in your face. Sing a song, do a dance, exaggerate a little, laugh louder than you normally would, over enunciate your words. Seriously try it. My movie always has an omniscient narrator (ME OF COURSE) like the voice you are reading in my blogs. I think so so many things, and so so many things I have to keep to myself. So when I am out and about and I think aloud to myself (Ha), I feel like I am in a movie with that hovering voice you always here that guides you step by step into the plot of the story. Try it. If you already have, tell me about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews