Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

    The days are just rolling by. It's has been such a joy to spend the holidays with my grandmother talking, laughing, eating and watching movies like we always used to do. What makes it even better is that this holiday break, I do not have to spend all day and night completing scholarship/college applications. I am just pure chillin; too much I'm afraid. As a result, I have had the amazing opportunity to leisure read once again. I am reading Pres. Obama's "The Audacity of Hope." He is an excellent writer, but there is so much government  lingo and it is hard to keep up at times. Anyways, I went to my Alma Mater today! That was fun! Got to see my former teachers. I have to say they are all truly committed to their jobs and love what they do. They prepared me (with long hours of homework and studying) for this cruise ride called college and I personally thank them for that.  Later this evening I watched a slave movie with grandma called "Night John." It is excellent. In short, it is about slaves learning to read and the danger/liberation that came out of it. You must see it. I purchased the Roots collection and the Roots New Generation, but I am afraid to watch it. I wonder if it will give me nightmares or scar my "innocent" view of the world and my Caucasian counterparts. I doubt it will, but I have talked to several people who could never finish the series because it was too intense for them.
    Saturday I will be the honorary coin toss observer for the Redskins game vs. The Vikings. This shall be very interesting! I'm excited nonetheless. Then on Sunday, Christmas, Tino and I will be traveling back to North Carolina to spend time with the fam there. They travel to Myrtle Beach every Christmas. This will be my first time visiting Myrtle Beach. One thing you must know I AM SWIMMING! I don't care what you say or how cold it is going to be. There is nothing like swimming and playing in ocean water. I've got my Vitamin C tablets so I don't get sick. haha. Other than that life is life. Enjoying each breathe and trying to make the most of my holiday. That's all you can do right? No sense in complaining; it won't change anything.
PS: If you have not noticed, I use a lot of semi-colons. In the English language this is unprofessional, disturbing, and downright against the law! However, that is the beauty of free writing. No one can tell you that you are wrong and you get to make up your own rules. Well, till next time you sweet people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews