Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

YOU BETA SANG CHILD!

    Hello lovelies! Let me start off by saying, I know it has been a while since we've talked. Bad case of writer's block; well, not so much. Last week was so hectic--research and synthesis papers were due. However last night...Last night guys was like a DREAM! We had our Gospel Choir Concert and boy oh boy I do not even know where to begin. I remember in my elementary school years, being tall and chubby and awkward...being teased all the time. When I gave speeches or had events at school no one was there to support me. Sometimes my grandmother would come, which meant a lot. Last night--ALL MY LOVED ONES WERE IN THE AUDIENCE SMILING AT ME! My dad, grandparents, my cousin Pastor McKoy, Tino, his hilarious roomate Alan, my entire hall, two of my guy friends Daniel and Chris, a church member and his wife, and my darling who did my photoshoot, Rachel! I was so overjoyed to have so much support! Anyways...we sang ya'll! lol President Lambert (president of the school) was in the front row with his wife and I saw him starring. I know he remembered me from the Sigma Phi Epsilon dinner (when I had on that royal blue dress that hung like a curtain on me, grandma said. haha. That means I was HOT ya'll! lol) when Tino won the "Well Balanced man scholarship. His face was in awe throughout the entire concert as if to say "So this is what SHE does." and "This is so amazing!" And it was! He could've gone to any other concert or event last night. I know that Twisted Measure (Another excellent singing group on campus who sings barefoot) where performing last night.
     The most exhilarating part of the whole night for me was my ad-lib solo to one of the last songs we sang called Manifest by T.D. Jakes. I BLEW! I have never sang like that in my life, in public, much less a solo! I wasn't me though. I think you know who I am going to accredit that to, but I will let you fill in the blank :) I remember the first true choir I sang in...it was called "The Children of the Gospel." It was a two week summer camp and they taught us techniques--correct posture, diaphragm singing, for sopranos (head singing--to reach high notes), how to read music--Everything! And we would sing every day, all day. I always wanted a solo, but the main guy would always turn me away. I was not ready yet. But after almost 7 years, I WAS READY!
     The spirit was in that place last night...people were getting saved and going to the alter for prayer. It was so genuine. So surreal! And the dream doesn't stop there guys...oh no! At the end--THE HUGS! Man I love hugs, but these were all love hugs. My gospel choir friends and I were hug jumping and screaming because we were so happy for each other. My hall mates showed so much love and support. I got to hug the drummer Julius, such a humble spirit and cutie pie. In the hall later I had three of my favorite mens surrounding me...Tino, Chris, and Daniel. lol They were praising me and of course my future husband Tino stepped in big chested and said "Yes! I want you to know that I am very proud of her!" haha. Isn't it every woman's dream to have three men in awe of you at once? Geesshhh I felt like Beyonce or somebody last night--well, I should say Michelle. She was the only one who ended up singing Gospel. eeeheemm. Later the fam and Tino and I, all went to IHOP. FUN! Two hours later a big group of choir members came (it had to be at least 13 of them if not more) and guess what? Pastor McKoy paid for their meal. I'm sure that wasn't a cheap bill. He looked at me and said "Just sowing a seed darling!" When we left he told them and their reaction was priceless! Some threw up their hands as to say "Thank you Jesus!" lol and others looked at me like "Is he joking?" I shook my head no as if to say, "This guy is for real--he's serious!" I want to do that kind of thing when I get to that stage. My last uplifting words for you...If you keep the faith in yourself and believe that you can do whatever you set your mind to, YOU CAN AND YOU WILL. Yes, it's as simple as that! For me, I will get there by serving the Most High! Things are happening to me that have only played out in my dreams! When they come true, it's even better than what you dreamed! Thank God! I have surpassed the stage of haters having the courage to talk me down, look me down, or try to stop me...nothing but mature adults are in my corner, loving and supporting. Really, that's all you need. And if the haters try..it's not happ'n. I have a POSSE now...a POSSE of the Most High King. Doesn't get any better than that!
"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens ME!" Philippians 4:13 Love you guys! till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews