Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Resolution? No, Promise!

Howdy partners! Thank you so very much for your support and concern. Things are back to normal and peace has been restored in the house! My father left about a day ago. Tonight, in a few hours, I will be going to Watch Night Service. For those of you who don't know what that is (which I am sure you do), it is a Black tradition, a Black Church tradition as a matter of fact. Don't get me wrong other ethnic churches do it as well. I am going to research Watch Night Service's origins and get back to you. ha. Anyhow, WE all get together pray, a lot of prayer, sing, sing a lot of songs, dance, a lot of praising, and preach, a whole, whole lot of preachn'! In some cases the congregation is allowed to reflect upon the year that is about to pass and decide how they can better their personal situations and personal service for the Lord in the new and upcoming year. Some even give testimonies. I already know what I have to do spiritually. A person who is always in constant evaluation of themselves, their lives, and their surroundings and is honest with themselves, always knows what they have to do to improve. The key is to actually DO IT! I don't have negative influences, so I do not have to worry about "scratching people off of any list." Personally, I want to challenge myself spiritually and see if I can fast for extended periods of time. It goes without saying that I want to become a prayer warrior and immerse myself in Bible stories. So many other religions know their purpose for believing what they believe and practicing what they practice like the back of their hand (am I right), or better than that. For it is too late, it is time for me to honestly, and thoroughly discover my true purpose for myself! What I realize though is that solutions like these always end up on people's list, and then at the end of a whole year they look back and discover they failed miserably at attempting to fulfill their New Year Resolution Desires and sustain them, simply because they did not have a written out plan. So, I need to write a specific goal, a specific plan and stick to it! I have not made New Year's Resolutions in years, however this year it is absolutely necessary. I am resolving...(haha) to loose 50+ pounds. Yes, I love myself and no, I am not insecure. However, I want to stay healthy (and become perhaps healthi-er/better shape), feel more energized, fit into my clothes better (which is always a good reason), and just be all around more healthy. Tino really believes that I cannot do it. He jokes. Though he doesn't know how much it hurts my feelings. I do not take it too personal though, because I know he is only joking. If someone so close to your heart has doubts about your abilities it hurts and can be down right damaging. However, you have all the more power and motivation to prove them WRONG! I cannot wait to see the priceless, Kodak moment, expression on his face when I tighten my arms, slim down my stomach...you get the point. I mean it this time. I have enjoying pigging out over the holiday and now it is cracking down time! The gym 4+ days a week. Cardio training. Interval training. I am doubling my gym time and cutting out sweet snacks. Portion control...here we go. Three months to a new body and a new spiritual walk. And scratch the resolution...This is a PROMISE! This won't be easy though. What are your New Year's Promises? Please tell me...SO WE CAN SUPPORT EACH OTHER! may it be write a book? Happier marriage? Get married? Clean the house? Get rid of a nasty habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews