Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Cinnamon Challenge

Haha. So I just found out yesterday that "The Cinnamon Challenge" is starting back up again. Who would've ever thought that people would be so bored in 2012?! So, if you don't know what it is....a person will take a whole tablespoon of the dry cinnamon spice and swallow it...if you know anything about dry cinnamon in your mouth or sand in your mouth...this is not a good idea! Cinnamon/sand alone is not soluble and it sticks to throat and uvula and in turn irritates them and sucks up all the moisture in your mouth. Inevitably you choke up and cannot breathe. Some people vomit, all tear up, and some even bleed out the nose and mouth...and again, you would ask yourself...why in the world would people want to do this? Well if we ask that, we have to ask why people do a whole lotta dumb things. It is becoming a video phenomenon.
This month overall has not been that great. Thankfully my Valentine's Day evening was my saving grace. So, as a high school student and college student, advisors will often almost always say that you need a mentor. I have a few, but none of them answer my calls/return their calls. I understand that folks are busy...but what's the point of having one or some, if you CANT GET ANY MENTORING?! I give up. There is also someone in my life whom I thought was a friend and they decided to throw their hands up when I needed them the most, but they say "Oh, I am more interested in you." How are you going to be interested in me, if you can't help me when I need you most? Ay dios mio!
Then, I jumped at something that might either be a scam or a legitimate business because of a friend I trust. Why in the world did I do that? You have to go to a bunch of meetings and recruit people, but you dont even understand what in the world you are doing or saying....I do not have time for all that extra stress and in addition, I will have to drop a class. We will get into that another time. LIFE! A lot of folks may say, "Well, Yasmine you have been sheltered all your life and now you are discovering the real world." Well, I have some information for you, FYI....I have always known that the world is cruel...but the determination of my world/street knowledge does not have to be tainted or determined by bitterness...something that so many people have. Why must I be naive just because I have a youthful jolly spirit?! But I will tell you one thing people's selfishness and scandalousness NEVER EVER ceases to amaze me. You're not gonna make me crazy. You are not! NO ONE! You go ahead...stay busy, stay selfish...I have decided that I am not going to put myself through anything/any stress/abuse that I dont have to...be it from "friends," mentors, teachers, family....now granted, everyone in my life is not like that. I am just letting off steam if you cant already tell. Regardless, I am still alive, and healthy and happy believe it or not...the one thing no one can take away from me is my inner joy and I will not let anyone have that! NO ONE.
PS: I was giving a speech in public speaking class and my teacher had the audacity to cut me off. The way she did it, man...RUDENESS. Why couldn't she just tell me and let me finish and deduct points for over-time? When she did it I was at the climax of my speech. how rude.  My speech was about education and opportunities and lack thereof. "We as Americans think of education as a right, but it is actually a rare privilege. Man I swear if I were white or someone else, she wouldnt have done that like that. I am so pissed. Let me stop right here. This is just a part of life right?
Words of Wisdom for LIFE: "If you are NOT present during my struggle, DON'T EXPECT to be present during my success. PERIOD! they say Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...I say "Keep your friends CLOSE AND EVEN CLOSER!" Peace. #Dustingmyselfoff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews