Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, February 27, 2012

"I Feel Good...I Knew that I Would Now Baby! I Feel Nice!"

I am feeling just AMAZING! I simply let go...I let go of the feelings of loneliness, I let go of the haters, I let go of the self-pity party, I let go of the stressful class....I have learnt that sometimes you HAVE to say no! Actually, when I went home a couple of weeks ago, I met up with one of my mentors and he told me "STOP BEING A PUNK YAZMEEEN!" I almost had a heart attack yah! haha But all in all, he was right. Since I dropped a 4 credit class, I am thinking about picking up a half semester African Dance class with a gentleman from Ghana (2 credits) and another half semester course. That would be a fun class...an easy "A"(cause yall know I LOVE TO DANCE), a great way for me to learn another culture, and of course get fit. And about that...I am feeling incredible. When I dont go to the gym, I do not feel right. I am fitting in jeans now, I haven't been able to fit for a while. I have a pair of stretch white jeans, with gold chain designs on the pockets...YES! YOU KNOW! I have succeeded in that exercising has transformed for me from a dreaded chore into a favorite hobby, a necessity, a fun release of stress! I am so glad I was able to take my own advice I was giving one of my friends dealing with a hard break up and that is to find something you've always wanted to do and DO IT! When you consume your time with positive, fun things you will eventually forget about whatever was stressing you out.
Aside from this, I also started serving as an Usher at PineRidge and guys, this is honestly my niche of service. On my first day, an elderly man came up to me and started telling me of medical issues he was having, and I began encouraging him and flashed the charming smile that can heal any bad day! Haha, I am just joking. Do not take my comment as pride...it is a gift I know I was given to bless others. Yes, a smile can be a gift, a hug, an art craft...what are your gifts? Are you sharing them to inspire others? Also, Tino and I are back on track with our communication...what's ironic is his phone broke about a week ago and I am seeing him more now and talking more then when he did have a working phone. Hhhmmm. Makes you wonder right? But I am certainly not complaining. Lastly, I am preparing my mind and everything for this weekend. I know that the ScholarCHIPS event will be an eye-opener, an amazing experience, and a blessing to everyone who will be in attendance. You do not want to miss it. Again, if you need the info (time/place/etc.) please contact me. I am so grateful to have been delivered from a season of depression. It is possible.
PS: I am reading a book in a series called "Personal Spiritual Warfare" by Betty Miller, it is an empowering, revealing, and enlightening read. If my "eyes open" any wider, my eyelids will burst (haha)...but it's all good, the more knowledge the better. I will be better prepared to fight my next spiritual battle as a warrior in God's army. The enemy is real and he a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. But in the words of Betty Miller "The Lion in us (The Lion of Judah) is greater than the imitator lion." PS 2: Have you ever wondered why the creators of TV shows, video games, etc. never let their own children watch these things? That should be enough to tell you that "something ain't quite right!" lol    Till Next time homie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews