Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, March 5, 2012

"Back to Reality, Opp there Goes Gravity!" (Eminem)

Well, I'm back at school already. This weekend was a major success, with the ScholarCHIPS' Friendraiser. I truly believe that we raised up some great friends Saturday! When you plan and then invite people to events, I learned that, you can expect half the people to show up who RSVPed and half the people who were invited, but did not RSVP to show up...so you end up with about 50%. The house was full regardless! Good food and I peeped some great networking going on. What was kind of disappointing to me was that NONE of my former teachers from my elementary or high school showed up. Teachers from my Junior high school showed up. One would think that people who put their OWN precious time into teaching you and studying/staying up late to prepare for your class would want to see you doing well. I mean I am not a drop out, pregnant...you get the idea. But, I do understand that LIFE HAPPENS! People have emergencies, better, more fun places to go. I know in my heart that all the folks that were meant to be there were there. Aside from that, on the train coming back to school yesterday a whole terrible sinus headache/drainage thing came upon me. First my head was pounding then my throat started closing up, my ears started hurting, then my stomach...it went all throughout my body in the span of 7 hours. But I must say I have a hell of a good immune system, because it was working to get that thing OUT! Now I feel much better. Woke up, drank some hot Earl Grey tea, took my Vitamin C tablets, Halls cough drops, about to eat my potassium filled banana...YES!
Another thought...Man, I seriously need to work on improving my social life. It is important to one's mental and even physical health. I work hard on planning big events, see a ton of people and then, when all is done and said I am back here or somewhere just sitting on my rump, alone, planning again. I enjoy it, but some "buddy support" would certainly help. Today it's...write a 1/1.5 page paper, go to Global Class for 1 hr 40 min, then gym...then...??? How about some social time?! I feel great though...light, my nails and toe nails are well groomed, my hair is well groomed, wearing comfortable clothes...could a girl ask for more?! Friday though, I did spend time with my favorite girlfriend, Ruthy and her fam! Sister is driving now! So much fun...young, feeling free and independent, buckled in with music turned up!
SHOUT OUT TO ALL THOSE WHO CAME OUT AND SUPPORTED SCHOLARCHIPS! Our shirts look great! I posted some pictures on the blog. Check 'em out! Also, I had the privilege to have another photo shoot, FOR FREE! Got three great free ones in one year...and I had the nerve to want to pay for a private session. haha :)
PS: Two weeks away from Gospel Choir Tour to Florida--Getting pumped! I need a break/trip/ life-transforming spiritual experience FO' REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews