Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Friday, March 23, 2012

GAME OVER! haha, No Just Spring Break.

    Hey beautiful...hey handsome. How are you? Well I hope! As for me, this morning I feel like a writer...I feel inspired. While my roommates are snoring away and the sun is slowing rising and the birds are chirping their praises...here I am, writing to you. Elon Gospel Choir Tour 2012 is coming to an end now. It was an amazing experience. How can you not have an amazing experience in Orlando, Florida and Cocoa Beach? lol We did a little bit of everything. Aside from the beach, we went shopping at one of the big mall outlets...you know, those elaborate ones they always drop dead in the center of the fancy resorts. I always think it's so funny how things in America are always set up so that you will always buy more and convince yourself you need something, especially because it is 'on sale,' when you really don't. They get me every time. haha. We also went to eat at Chipotle (yyuumm) followed by bowling. That same morning we went to IHOP and the boys and girls split up. I lead the girls' or better yet Women's Bible study. When I was asked, I laughed to myself. I was willing though. God ALWAYS makes me do something when I least expect it or when I do not want to do something. I realize, that those are the times when He can get the most out of you. I believe that God does have a sense of humor, as knowledge, emotion and humor separate humans from every other living thing. We also did community service @ the Salvation Army.
    Anyhow, the Lord led me to Ephesians 4 "Unity in the Body." Without unity, we all fall. It is so important in this ministry to be unified. The discussion was fantastic and eye-opening. I will not get too deep into it because I want you to read Ephesians 4 yourself, and tell me what you got out of it! We learn best form each other. (Aside from this, I have to mention, I got a final grade A in my Public Speaking class!) I will never forget that the teacher wrote on my first evaluation that "Good Afternoon" is not an effective attention getter. I was thinking, WHAT? WELL GEESSS! I can't even greet my peers with a good 'ol American Good Afternoon? That was not even a part of my "clincher/hook" as they call it. Lol That class was too funny. It stressed me out in a crazy, funny way. There was another time my professor wrote your visual aid was too busy. I thought, "IT'S A COLLAGE!" That class was too funny guys.
    Ok now back to Gospel Tour...guys, if this week was not a test of my patience, I do not know what was. I love them dearly, but my Black folks are never on time for anything. Not even food apparently. haha. I mean this in a light-hearted way. It's so bad that the leaders have to tell us to be somewhere two hours ahead of the actual time we need to be somewhere so people get there on time! lol My grandma didn't play that! Our thing was, you want people to be respectful of your time and value your time, so be respectful of theirs. This is a career/professional rule of thumb for me. I got close to some amazing and inspirational people. To see God using all of our various talents, strengths, and even weaknesses for a higher purpose greater than ourselves is so inspiring and humbling. Our musicians keep making fun of me and my BBLLLOOOGGG! (One of them, our drummer, who we call Juice lol, I discovered had dreams of possibly being a pro-football player, but God had other plans for him and He's here with us.) I have yet to find out our pianist's story and how he got here. I got to get him to say something other than 'BLOG' first. haha. jk. It was all good and fun...I mean, what can I say? Blogging is what's hot right now on the block of social media! If you can't bet 'em, join 'em, no better yet, reshape 'em.
    Well anyways, enough of my tangents, its adios to the care-free, socializing, warm-weather, beaching Spring Break and back to the ultimate reason I'm here in the first place. The only reason I can sustain my theme! lol If you are reading this from email, I posted a few Spring Break pictures to the blog. Check em out! Love you lots. Stay encouraged and lovely, just the way you are:) Til next time, Love Always, YAZZIE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews