Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Challenge Accepted

Had an interesting yet quite, but pleasant day for a Saturday. My room was on tour for a family weekend so I went to the library to study/do homework and sure enough after an hour I was fast asleep on those comfortable couches they have in the back for 3 whole hours! That was the best sleep I have had in a while. Got great news that we have 2 more ScholarCHIPS applications and they are both from schools in Maryland. This makes for a total of six applicants! Not bad for the first year. I was saddened to get the news that some folks asked to be taken off the emailing/mailing list. I mean for 1)If you send a check it usually has your address on it which you selected when buying your checks (we want to send you thank you cards), and 2) ScholarCHIPS has only sent out like two or three emails in almost two years! That is not an exaggeration yall. One organization whited out their address and wrote on the invitation envelope return to sender and please do not send mail here anymore. This kind of stuff really not only discourages my heart, but hurts my heart. Again, people never surprise me at how mean, rude and selfish they can be. ScholarCHIPS doesn't want your money! We want to build a FAMILY! A family of supporters, volunteers, donors, and most importantly students with parents in jail who know that there are people who genuinely CARE for them and WANT TO SEE THEM SUCCEED. Anywho, when things blow up, anyone who's not on the train...it will be their loss. All in all, everyone is not cut out for this type of work. I am not mad. I forgive them for being human.
Anyway back to my day, now here's the majestic part...yes, majestic! After my nice, luxurious library snooze I went to the main dining hall to eat and then to a praise dance service called "Worship in Motion." There was stepping, liturgical dancing, and miming...all so beautiful! There is something about live performances of Gospel choirs and liturgical dancers that just does something to me everytime. I had to move from my seat and my friends, just so I could go in the back and openly sing a long, cry, wave my hands and literally...PRAISE IN MOTION. It is so humbling to see all the talents God has blessed so many with. When we use them for good, our talents/gifts/crafts are perfected and they can and will reach people in the unique ways! Gifts used for the right purpose can save someone's life. All and all, I am so glad for the opportunity to be in college so I can see young, successful scholars praising God...so I can meet phenomenal leaders from all over the entire globe, so I can be a sponge in every setting and soak up new knowledge, so I can discover who I AM! These unique opportunities are the things that keep me motivated to bring other young people into this setting, that are otherwise overlooked, assumed, and doomed for failure. Folks can white out my letters, but I refuse for my name to be whited-out in the Book of Life!
PS: I was humbled by a challenge my beloved mentor gave me tonight over the phone. Church people tend to quote church-sims (things they have heard repetitiously growing up and have accepted them, but do not know the Scriptures in which it comes from). I must KNOW my faith and LIVE my faith and not simply regurgitate passed down information/sayings. So when life hits so painfully, as I suffered from a great depression just a while ago, I will have Scripture to ward off the enemy so he won't beat me up and leave me for dead. Its time for me as a young woman, as an individual, and as an heir to step up to the plate and study for myself and know for myself. #challengeaccepted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews