Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chil' Please! The Alcohol Scoop in P.E.

Haha. Today in Health class (in which I still call P.E.) we talked about alcohol/consumption/dangers/ effects. And YOU KNOW I WAS ON! Not in that respect. I do not drink, but in class we read an article  about a guy some time back I think his last name was Huey or Huegley?...something like that in Virginia and he got so drunk that he killed his girlfriend. The defense set it up claiming that he was a "victim of his environment." WHAT? now you know that is ridiculous. (laugh) I rebuttal, you are not a victim of your environment, but a victim of your choices...in this case (not all I realize). Anyways, we also heard some freaky stories that happened on our campus and with our students off campus as well. For example there was a group of students who got into an altercation. One young man's neck was broken and he ended up being permanently paralyzed from the neck down. You think that is bad...there was a girl studying abroad in Australia. She became extremely drunk and her friends locked her in a hotel room. Still wanting to go out, this girl climbs out onto the balcony and falls to her death. WHAT? Crazy right? Most students like to use that whole, "Oh, lower the drinking age. 16 year olds drink in France everyday over dinner and they don't have any problems!" There it is right there though! We are not European, we are American. Enough said. Also, like the man who murdered his girlfriend, people always end up looking for some sympathy because "they were victims of their environment," CHIL' PLEASE! Let me try that excuse and see if they don't quick up and strip me from all my scholarships, all my credits, all my credentials, and MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE! I am Black and that "you know what" does not fly with us, or for us I should say, unless you are rich. Oh yes, Casey Anthony was simply a "victim of her environment," and her "beautiful two year old baby girl was hindering her from living an average American lifestyle." Ok. Well, whoever thinks that they are big and bad enough and grown enough to drink can have those excuses. I will stick to abstinence...I have too much riding on me and my name alone, but even greater than that I will have to give an account of my choices after this life. Don't get me wrong, I am far from perfect, but I try not to do what is obviously harmful. "Hi my name is Yasmine Arrington. I am Black and I am beautiful, and I am in college...and I do not drink."
Signing off Yours truly!
PS: Due to my abstinence from drinking, etc. I am ignorant to many terms. I just learned what the term "jungle juice" means and pre-game (earlier in the year). I know you may be tired of me using the term "Black," but hence that is the theme of the whole entire blog! lol Maybe one day I will surprise you and say I am something else! Jk I hope you see the humor in this..it's not meant to be drop dead serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews