Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Slow and Stead Win the Race/What's Your Story, What's Your Vision?

Haha! Well, in case you were wondering, yes, I am still going to the gym. I have been eating well; eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am full (according to "Dr. Phil of the U.K., Paul McKenna). I feel great and my shirts seem to fit looser, but I am not seeing the results I want...it takes time though, I know. I did a little longer than a mile on the treadmill today and stayed on for 25 minutes! That is a record breaker for me! I did interval training of course...jogging, fast pace walking, elevated stepping, jogging...you know. Aside from the 25 minutes, I have even better and bigger news! I made The Root.com's "Young Futurists 2012" (http://www.theroot.com/views/young-futurists/2012/yasmine-arrington) list! Crazy, right? A friend told me they saw me on msn.com(?). Someone interviewed me, but I had no idea they would put me on an official list! You should check out the other futurists too...all very ambitious, successful, motivated young people, who have overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. You know, I am going to share something with you. Most people think that when it comes to these things, that they do not have a story and that they have not overcome "huge obstacles" in their lives. Honey, EVERYONE has overcome an obstacle at some point and time in their lives (you may think 'come on Yasmine,' but seriously a lot of people do not know this)...it may not be something as drastic as "My mom died in a tragic accident," or "I was homeless (like Tyler Perry) before becoming a millionaire/renown playwright." You have a story, you just have to find it...think back. Maybe it was a personal issue. Maybe you were being mentally or physically abused by someone. Maybe you tried to apply for a particular program, scholarship, grant, etc and just felt like you kept being denied, maybe you've experienced some form of racism, sexism, prejudice...maybe you struggled spiritually; maybe you were out of work for one reason or another; maybe you have had a serious medical problem that no one could ever figure out. you get my drift. Think of all events that have taken place in your life as a starting point for some idea. If not an idea, use what you learned from your experiences and share it with someone/people who need it! Knowledge is not meant for you to hold on to and bundle up with under the covers at night. You are all beautiful people and each of you has a story. Maybe you are in a situation/facing an obstacle right now! What are you going to do about it? Are you going to keep it to yourself and feel shameful and throw yourself a pity party till the end of time or are you going to save yourself and give someone else a helping hand and some advice? YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND YOU HAVE A STORY.
PS: The pastor at The Bridge (Silver Spring, MD) said last Sunday that without a clear vision of where you are going in life and where you want to be, you will end up lost and wasting your time. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" Proverbs 29:18. Do you have a vision for your life, your family, your finances, your calling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews