Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First Day of Classes

Oh my goodness guys! First day of classes was absolutely amazing! Engaging, enjoyable...the teachers had personality. Today, I took "Africa's People and Enviornments" and "Public Speaking." In the first class, I was surprised to see "the pool guy" as the teacher's assistant. His name is Daniel. He is so sweet and just an amazing person and handsome of course...I met him at the swimming pool, as he is a life guard. In Public Speaking, the professor was just hilarious...those are the best classes wherever you go, in any grade! Today is about 70 degrees and the sun is shining, in the middle of winter. Goodness, I love the South :) I had to work today also. It was good to see old friends and new faces. Everyone is so sweet...today was one of those days; the days when you are re-energized, re-assured, and reminded why you came to wherever you are in the first place.
For the first time I had a professor who openly yet sweetly expressed her disdain for lateness, texting and the like. With each class I take, I am more and more convinced that Communications is me all the way! My "Fake Break" was amazing too...I will tell you about that at another time. Grandma and I had so much fun! We went to see Red Tails. I had a meeting with my ScholarCHIPS board, which was such a needed refresher. I also went to go see my favorite Jr. high School teachers! Before boarding the train back home, I met my mentor and best friend. He gave me some beads from New Orleans and everyone was asking me if I went to Mardi Gras, which I thought was hilarious. Anyways, it is crazy how time flys. Just an update. Tomorrow I have three classes. Heavy load, but I am excited to see what this semester brings. Now, I have to focus on fundraising for ScholarCHIPS. I hope things are well with you.
PS: I got an "A" in Music and Propaganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews