Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Let's Talk About..." But There's So Much More To Talk/Sing About!

Hola Amigos! Como estan ustedes? I am just fine. I lost five pounds in one week! Just fabulous, but I will not get too excited til I get to the double digits. Anyways, I was catching up on my hip hop music the other day and I ran across Rhianna's new cd. I love a lot of her music and sound and she is such a beautiful woman, however, I am very disappointed in this last release. Almost every single song alludes to sex, am I surprised, no, but as a fan you always hope for the best. It is so unfortunate that so many beautiful people come on the scene with such beautiful voices, unique sounds and styles and then only years later they and everything about them and their music has turned into SEX! SEX SELLS. I know. I know, but what does this say? What does this say about our culture? What are we to expect from our children and children's children? Sure you can teach them right from wrong, but SEX is surrounding them in music, the radio, on tv, in magazines, on billboards, on the street. All you can do it pray/hope that they will not be swayed down the wrong path. Surely with this culture we don't expect our children to remain virgins until marriage and become millionaires off of contributing to worthy causes, because that is not what our children are being taught/seeing in the mainstream. Do you guys know/remember Nelly Furtado? When she first came out her music was so pure and inspiring. I clearly remember watching her "I'm Like a Bird" music video when I was eight. It was about being beautiful and setting yourself free, etc. Now, her videos are the typical hip hop, beat-box, two-stepping, wearing a mid-drift shirt and glowing lights video (ex: Her video "Promiscuous":the title speaks for itself. I did not know what that term meant until I saw the video as I am sure happened to millions of other youth). However, I have fallen in love with Adele and Jessie J, both classy women form the UK, with unique styles, powerful music, and most of all "blow the house down" voices. I hope as their fame/careers continue to grow and prosper that they never lose sight of their music and keep their originality, which is certainly hard to find nowadays. I feel like Hollywood, MTV, BET, etc, just make a bunch of clones. Please, tell me your favorite artists.
Aside from me catching up with my hip hop music, I also plan on catching up with Elon Girl's Basket-ball team today @ 2pm. They play Appalachian State, our rivals (I was told). I have never seen the girls, but I bet they're good! I played center defense in high school for two years. I also plan to go grocery shopping to expand my eating options. On the list--oatmeal, cinnamon (helps with digestion), blueberries, apples, vinegar, Special K meal bars and some other delicious, nutritious stuff.
PS: You are guilty! Yes, you! You haven't given me any feedback or suggestions for my next topic/s. Only my beloved grandma has. I'm expecting to hear from you. And Shout out to my granddad for schooling me on the stock market! LOVE YOU GUYS, Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews