Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ghost Town, Applications, ROOTS, and The Star Mangeled Banner

This was not that great of a day for me guys. I need human interaction. I cannot wait until the spring semester begins. This campus is like a ghost town. I did not have class today, so I chose to be productive and think about what I want to do in the summer, where I want to go, who I want to meet. In a nut shell I was working on applications (haha), but I cannot complain. Applications have brought me so very far in my young life and I anticipate that they will take me even further. The key to success on applications in patience and steady determination. You need patience, because most you cannot finish in one day. You must write, edit, read aloud, get someone else to read and edit...you need steady determination so that you do not burn out and give up in the process. What is the saying? "The slow and steady win the race." This has proven true for me. Ok enough philosophical talk.
The good and intriguing news is that I began watching ROOTS. I do not have a comment yet on what I think. In other words, I have yet to develop a thesis. :) I love Okel's comment on the slave ship before he died, "Men chained together are brothers. We are all one village." I also love the comment made by the ship captain, "Are we [slave owners] not just as imprisoned as those down below?" I tell you guys, it is so very hard for me to be idle. The true test of my patience and faith comes when things are moving slow. I try not to get too antsy or anxious, because that can be annoying for you and those around you. If anything I want to make someone's day better, with a smile or a hug. Last thing I wanted to share...Do you remember when Christiana Aguilera so badly messed up OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM? That was not the first time and of course now everyone who sings at the super bowl has the habit of ad libing our national anthem as if it were their own creation. Well, a bill is finally being passed or has been passed to charge people who mess up the Stare Spangled Banner, but get this...they are only charging $25. Really? So much for Nationalism. haha Nonetheless, it's a start. ok. I have to go and find out what to do with myself. I should go to the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews