Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Presentation=Flop, But I Have Fun Quirky Facts! Always Exciting!

Ok. I am going to lay off it for a while. My presentation went well (my teacher liked it), but it was sort of a flop. I dressed nice, like I always do for presentations, fixed my hair really nice, wore shiny bangles and earrings, had a booming yet enticing voice and yet, I still did not get much of a response. They still had eyes glued to their computer screens. My heart breaks for them, for they do not know the true meaning of living, of love and respect. Even when I am online, I do things like this that stimulate my mind. Oh well. I would like to know what you guys think, I mean, maybe you totally disagree and that is ok. I feel like all the BIG AMERICAN DREAMS ARE ALL ILLUSIONS. Prom was a flop (not what I thought of @ all. I mean, really? They picked King and Queen out of a hat.). College is....well, you already know how that is going. Please tell me now, the things I should brace myself for in the work world! I have the nerve to think that that is going to be liberating.
So, anyways more light-hearted, appeal to human interest stuff....I bought this small, cute, little book for a friend called "Little-Known Facts about Well Known Stuff," by David Hoffman (author of Who Knew?) One fact I found interesting..."If the minimum wage had kept pace with the rise in executive salaries since 1990, America's poorest-paid workers would be making more than $23 an hour." Crazy huh? I would be living large off of $23 an hour! How about this? "The first Sony product was a rice cooker--which tended to short out, catch fire, and emit electrical shocks."
I love you guys I really do! Thank you for putting up with my rambling and often repetitive adventures. I try to stay away from too much of the "Woe is me," or "Fight the Man!" haha It's all about balance, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. It was not a flop! You did very well. I should know, I'm the professor!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews