Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Free Verse--"The Archway"

My imagination brings me to this place. This safe haven. Where His mystery unfolds.
Everyday. Once a day. For 10 split seconds.
I used to think that they were crazy, but here I BLAST my music louder than my thoughts so it drowns out the pain and creates a perfect, harmonious world.
Then I proceed. Walking down the archway striding with the beat, yet graceful.
Not too bold, a slight sway inspires spectators to look on with curiosity
A picturesque ancient African princess I am. People have died trying both to claim me and defend my honor. Adorned with pure gold and the softest purple cloth.
I ensue still. With the snap of my finger, I can build an entire city or start a gory war.
Inhaling the sweet smell of my perfume. Igniting torches as I breeze by, with the reflection of a deep fire burning in my eyes.
Then the sun softly grazes the left side of my cheek. My creator and lover is embracing me with the unconditional love every human longs for. Yearns for.
I find it in this place. HHhhmmm. My journey is coming to an end. On the other side, from underneath the archway, I am in jeans and a t-shirt. No gold, not even sterling silver for that matter. No one watching. No one beside me or around me. Just obnoxiously loud earphones and boots that aren’t made to do for much walking. But everyday I finish the walk home having known once again what it is like to be royalty…having known what it is like to be touched by an angel. The imagined is reality
Everyday. Once a day. For 10 split seconds
But the feeling remains always. The inner fire never extinguishes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews