Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Break--Short but Sweet

Fall Break was well worth the seven hour train ride. Sunday night, after an enjoyable morning @ my home chruch-St. John United Baptist, I had dinner with my mentor Aaron Jenkins and Judge Ellen Huvelle last night. She is currently presiding over the case of At&T trying to merge with yet another mobile company. [Our country's economic status has no room for monopolization right now, in my opinion.] Monday, I did a little school shopping at Target in Columbia Heights, went to the nail shop, and was greeted by a soul food dinner when I arrived home (Tino and I watched Spider Man 3). Tomorrow my train leaves at 10:55am. I am not excited to get back to the world of tutoring and 8-page papers, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?! On the train I will read Jamaica Kincaid's "A Small Place"--required reading for Caribbean Hostory class.

PS: Judge Huvelle's husband is a partner @ Covington & Burling (a prestigious law firm in DC). It would be a blessing to get a job there this summer. That way I can perhaps discover a way to merge my interests in law and communications. On the road again..., wish me luck. Fare well DC!

PS2: My dad was supposed to get out today. I cannot reach my folks in NC. Perhaps they are out celebrating?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great break :)! Have you considered corporate law?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews