Thank you for sharing in my college experience. Please follow my blog by submitting your email below.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Great Monday, Good Grades

I got a 100/100 on my Communications final and a 95/100 for my Rhetorical Analysis paper for College Writing! This is crazy, amazing! I hope to see my Caribbean History final grade tomorrow.
Today has been so exciting! As you can tell by all my exclamation marks. I talked with one of my favorite mentors the other day. We are moving forward on getting out the ScholarCHIPS (Children of Incarcerated Parents) application. I am so thankful for people who stay behind me and push me to be "better than my best."
I decided to finally open my mouth today and talk to some folks. I find that students on this campus are so smart--but most just need a little push to talk and once they get the talking, they don't stop, and you learn so much--it's great! I shared a piece of my poetry in my English class--that was fun. I haven't read my poetry to an audience in so long. I need to go to an open mic night on campus asap!
I emailed the TV station manager on campus to schedule a meeting--so we shall see how this plays out. I am not used to being this idle. In college you seriously have to figure out how to manage and maximize all this free time you get; but I find it rather easy. Everyone is extremely willing to help you make the most of your college experience. I hope that your Monday is going as beautiful as mine is! If not, all it takes is sparking a little conversation. Peace my lovelies.
 PS: I give my first campus tour today. I am nervous. Then gym, then math tutoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews